Places without races


With 8 days to go I am already contemplating all the ins and outs of the upcoming bicycle adventure. This Blue Planet ride is about places not races. Most of my athletic destinations over the last several years were about cool city marathons and opportunities to improve my personal record. This time around it is about blue planet moments in the true sense of the word. So sit back, relax and watch the world go by carbon neutral on pedal power! With my camera by my site, I hope to capture the special moments as I see them.

If you know of a town, sight, local food specialty, brew or special event, on or near the route, tell me about it. If you have relatives in any of the 50 plus metropolises I am cruising through and you would like me to go there and have their picture taken, leave me a post or email with the details. If your employer is into corporate social responsibility and is looking for opportunities to support a great cause either by a matching fund drive, a sponsorship or a donation, tell them about this initiative and steer them my way. And last but not least if you haven't yet, but would like to be involved help make this world a better place for so many who are struggling daily due to sanitation problems and lack of safe drinking water, take a moment and click the donate now! button on the sidebar of my blog. Your donations will save many lives and improve living conditions, and that is what this campaign is all about. All corporate sponsorships, donations and pledges will go 100% to water projects in third world country. None will support expenses for my ride!

The plan is to blog weekly in places where I can find a computer to upload my pictures, and update daily on twitter and my Blue Planet Ride pages on Facebook. Please take a moment to join, by clicking the thumbs-up icon for free uninterrupted entertainment from the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment